The World Goes ‘Round
Music by John Kander & Lyrics by John Ebb
Conceived by Scott Ellis, Susan Stroman, & David Thompson
June 29 – July 14, with a $20 Preview on June 28
Filled with humor, romance, drama and nonstop melody, THE WORLD GOES ‘ROUND is a musical celebration of life and the enduring human spirit that keeps us all going.
This musical revue is a clever collage from the songbook of the multi-Tony award-winning team of John Kander and Fred Ebb. The songs are pulled from their best-known musicals, Cabaret and Chicago, and lesser remembered ones such as The Act and Woman of the Year, as well as the films New York, New York and Funny Lady.
It features unforgettable gems, including “Mr. Cellophane,” “My Coloring Book,” “All That Jazz,” “Kiss of the Spider Woman,” “Money, Money,” “Maybe This Time,” “Cabaret” and “New York, New York,” seamlessly interwoven into a passionate, harmonious, up-tempo evening of musical theater.
- Friday, June 28, 2018 – 7:30 PM ($20 Preview)
- Saturday, June 29, 2018 – 7:30 PM (Opening)
- Sunday, June 30, 2018 – 3:00 PM & 7:30 PM
- Thursday, July 4, 2018 – 5:00 PM
- Friday, July 5, 2018 – 7:30 PM
- Saturday, July 6, 2018 – 3:00 PM (Depot Dialogue follows performance)
- Sunday, July 7, 2018 – 5:00 PM
- Thursday, July 11, 2018 – 5:00 PM
- Friday, July 12, 2018 – 7:30 PM
- Saturday, July 13, 2018 – 7:30 PM
- Sunday, July 14, 2018 – 5:00 PM
*All titles and dates subject to change. Purchase price of all subscriptions/tickets will include a $2 per ticket facility and education fee.
Audiences Need to Know:
DEPOT DIALOGUE: A discussion with the artists following a performance.
PARKING: Free parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis in the upper and lower lots of the Westport Train Station. Do not park in the U-Haul parking lot across the street as the owner will have vehicles towed.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: The Depot Theatre is air-conditioned and accessible to all audiences. Patrons who are sensitive to air-conditioning and Adirondack breezes may wish to bring a light jacket or sweater.