Thanks for your support!
As we look forward to 2021, we are optimistic that we’ll be able to produce live theatre in some form, and remain committed to growing our outreach and education program.
The Depot Theatre’s continued success is a testament to the support we receive from our subscribers, donors, sponsors, friends, local businesses and partners.
We RELY on your generous contributions, just as you rely on us to deliver on our mission to “entertain, enrich, and educate through professional theatrical arts and related programs based in a historic train station.”
There are a number of ways to support the Depot Theatre!
DID YOU KNOW?
Donations of Cash
Gifts of cash are the simplest, most direct way to support The Depot Theatre. You can either:
give online at www.DepotTheatre.org or send a check to Depot Theatre, PO Box 414, Westport, NY 12993. (Note the option to make a monthly recurring gift using a credit card!)
We want to make sure that as you make your end-of-year giving plans, that you know that there are a number of ways to maximize tax benefits in 2020.
- The CARES Act made it possible for individual donors to deduct up to 100% of their 2020 adjusted gross income (AGI), over and above the usual cap of 60%.
- For tax year 2020, the CARES Act has made universal deductions available for those who do not itemize up to $300 for individuals and $600 for joint filers. Cash gifts for those who do itemize are deductible up to 100% of adjusted gross income.
- If you’ve reached 70 ½ before January 1, 2020, you can make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) of up to $100,000 tax free from your IRA. (Note: If you’re over 72, Required Minimum Distributions are waived in 2020 because of the CARES Act, but you can still make a QCD of up to $100,000.)
Gifts of Stock
- 2020 market gains left some with appreciated stock carrying significant capital gains tax. Donate shares and potentially get a tax deduction for the full market value of the stock on the date of the gift.
Questions? Contact Kim Rielly, executive director, at email@example.com or 518.962.4449 x2.
Shop for the Depot
Although we recommend shopping local whenever possible, we’re all shopping online more these days! Note that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your qualifying purchases to the Depot Theatre if you begin shopping at this link: www.smile.amazon.com – and designate the Depot Theatre as your charity of choice!
A growing number of supporters have joined the Depot Theatre Legacy Society. Support the ongoing work of the Depot Theatre with a planned gift in your will or trust.
Unrestricted gifts by will or trust give us the greatest flexibility to use funds where they are most needed. You may leave the Depot:
- A stated dollar amount
- A percentage of your residual estate (what remains after gifts to loved ones and expenses have been paid), or
- A specific asset, such as securities or other marketable property
How to name Depot Theatre in your will or trust:
Legal name: Depot Theatre Inc.
Address: PO Box 414, Westport, NY 12993
Federal tax ID#: 14-1667843
Notifying the Depot Theatre of your gift: Please remember to let us know when you have named the Depot Theatre in your will or trust so that we can thank you and include you in our Legacy Society.
If you’re making a contribution to the Depot, we’d love for you to consider pledging that level of support for multiple years. A multi-year pledge is a great way to make a significant impact on the future of the organization by strengthening our ability to plan budgets and programming.
Questions about planned giving, multi-year pledges, and gifts of stock? Contact Kim Rielly, executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518.962.4449 x2.
You, our investors, continue to help keep us strong, and we cannot thank you enough for your generosity!
Become a Sponsor
There are a number of ways to support the Depot in the form of sponsorship, including but not limited to:
- Sponsor a main stage show
- Sponsor travel to Westport for one actor
- Sponsor tuition for one child to attend the Depot Theatre Academy (formerly BRTF)
- Buy an advertisement in the playbill
- Become a water closet, concessions or beverage sponsor
Contact the executive director to discuss unique and creative partnership opportunities at email@example.com.
Volunteers dedicate hundreds of hours of their valuable time to keep The Depot Theatre running smoothly. And those hours can translate into free show admission, too! Here are just a few ways you can help:
- Administrative Tasks
- Building Maintenance support
- Selling Raffle Tickets, concessions or bartending
- You tell us about your amazing skills!
To become a volunteer, sign up online, call us at (518) 962-4449, or stop by and chat with our friendly staff. Thank you!
Name a SEAT
In 2016, the Depot Theatre was awarded a matching grant from the New York State Council on the Arts for Brand New Seating and Carpeting, LED Aisle Lighting and Dedicated Wheelchair Accessible and Companion Seating Sections.
The seats, carpeting and lights are now installed in our air conditioned theatre, and there are still seat naming opportunities – learn more about this opportunity HERE!
2020 IN REVIEW
Physically Distant – Artistically Connected 2020 Highlights