Depot Theatre Academy
A two-week, in-person theatre education program with workshops, rehearsals, and performances that implement “physically-distant, artistically connected” protocols as required, all led by Equity professionals. The Depot Theatre Academy encompasses the existing junior program for young artists ages 8-12, and an enhanced senior program for participants ages 13 and older who are enrolled in school, home school, or college.
The 2021 program, held at the Whallonsburg Grange Hall August 9-22, will welcome both junior and senior participants, and it will include workshops led by Equity professionals in acting, voice, and dance, culminating in three performances of this year’s production: INTO THE WOODS, JR.
2021 Program Details*
PARTICIPANT AGES: 8 and older and enrolled in school (inclusive of home school and college)
AUDITIONS: June 26, 2021 at the Whallonsburg Grange Hall, 1610 NYS Route 22, Whallonsburg, NY
PROGRAM DATES: August 9-22, 2021
PROGRAM DAY SCHEDULE: Rehearsal times to be announced.
INTO THE WOODS; August 20-22, 2021
ACADEMY CABARET (for senior participants): Weekend of August 28, 2021
PROGRAM REHEARSAL/PERFORMANCE LOCATION: Whallonsburg Grange Hall, 1610 NYS Route 22, Whallonsburg, NY
Junior (ages 8-12) registration includes:
- Workshops led by Equity professionals in acting, voice, and dance, culminating in performances of this year’s production, INTO THE WOODS, JR.
- 2 tickets to each performance of INTO THE WOODS, JR.
- Live musical accompaniment for rehearsals and performances.
- Opportunities to interact with and learn from visiting professional theatre personnel.
Senior participants’ (ages 13+ enrolled in school – inclusive of home school and college) registration includes
ALL OF THE ABOVE, PLUS:
- Senior participants will participate in exclusive workshops (for ages 13+ only)
- Senior participants will have the option to also perform in a special Academy Cabaret performance.
- Senior participants (ages 13+) will have access to Depot Theatre staff and Equity professionals to receive college theater preparation assistance.
Details regarding rehearsal procedures and safety protocols will be provided at auditions. Filming and photography is prohibited during performances. Professional photographer will be in attendance.
*Subject to change
$300/student. If registering two or more students, first student registration is $300, subsequent student registration will be $200/student. Please download, print, and send in the Participation Guidelines and Registration Form.
DEADLINE FOR ENROLLMENT: Audition day, June 26, 2021 (Space is limited.)
The registration fee may be waived in cases of financial hardship. Generally students will be considered for a scholarship if they qualify for the free and reduced price lunch program at school. This information will be kept strictly confidential. Contact Depot Theatre Executive Director Kim Rielly for scholarship information.
Completed forms should be sent to Depot Theatre, PO Box 414, Westport, NY 12993 -OR- scanned and emailed to email@example.com.