Depot Theatre Academy
The Depot Theatre believes that youth and families exposed to theatre and the arts are enriched in important ways that add value to their lives in the early stages of learning development as well as later in life.
The Depot Theatre Academy is an education and outreach program for artists ages 8 an older led by theatre professionals from of the only professional Equity theatre in the Adirondack park.
PHYSICALLY DISTANCED; ARTISTICALLY CONNECTED.
Adult Musical Theatre/Monologue Rep Class offered
August, 2020 – Beginning September 28, the Depot Theatre Academy will offer a 5-week Adult Musical Theatre / Monologue Rep Class for artists interested in audition preparation, public speaking training and acting craft development.
2020 Program Dates
JUNIOR PROGRAM (ages 8-12):
July 13 – 24, 2020, Monday- Friday, 10am – 5pm
SENIOR PROGRAM (ages 13+):
July 27 – August 7, 2020, Monday-Friday, 2pm – 6pm.
$300/participant. If registering two or more participants, the first registration is $300, subsequent participantregistration will be $200/student.
NOTE: Multiple participant discount is not available online. If registering additional participants at the $200/participant rate, please download, print and send in the Registration Form.
A parental/guardian waiver form with health and safety procedures and protocols will be distributed to registrants prior to the first day of the program.
The registration fee may be waived in cases of financial hardship. Generally actors will be considered for a scholarship if they qualify for the free and reduced price lunch program at school. This information will be kept strictly confidential.
Junior Program Details
Junior ACADEMY Program registration includes:
- Workshops led by Equity professionals in acting, voice, and dance.
- Live musical accompaniment for rehearsals and performances.
- Opportunities to interact with and learn from visiting professional theatre personnel.
- The Depot professional team will identify and assign customized performance material for each participant. The individual and collective performances will be recorded into one video compilation, which will be provided to parents/guardians at the end of the program, and presented in a public showing at an outdoor location (conditions permitting).
- 2020 Depot Theatre Academy t-shirt
PARTICIPANT AGES: 8-12
PROGRAM DATES: July 13-24, 2020
REHEARSALS: Rehearsals are from 10am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
PROGRAM REHEARSAL LOCATION: Outdoors, under The Big Tent, in the lot adjacent to the Whallonsburg Grange Hall
ARTISTIC and MUSICAL DIRECTOR: Adam Tilford
DIRECTOR/CHOREOGRAPHER: Jackie Robertin
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATES: Michael James Roy and Maddie McClouskey
THE 2020 DEPOT THEATRE ACADEMY JUNIOR PROGRAM IS GENEROUSLY SPONSORED BY THE ROGERS-CARROLL FOUNDATION.
Senior Program Details
Senior ACADEMY Program registration includes:
- Work with professionals in the industry
– Workshops with a professional lighting designer and Set designer
– Workshops with the Producing Artistic Director collaboration/directing scenes.
– Working on the voice and diction with professional Voice Coach
- Scene and song study using modern day Broadway hits (such as Dear Evan Hansen, Hadestown, Mean Girls and many more).
- Audition Prep for College/High School
- Access to Depot staff and Equity professionals to receive college theater preparation assistance.
- Participants will also receive instruction for acting on-camera.
- Customized songs, parts, dance routines for each participant
- 2020 Depot Theatre Academy t-shirt
- Subscription to the Depot Theatre 2021 main stage season
- All participants will take home a demo reel!
▪ (A demo reel is a compilation of work that shows their range in two minutes or less. It’s like an audition without a script so that agents, casting directors, and producers can see what the actor looks like on camera and get a sense of their acting abilities and on-camera presence.)
PARTICIPANT AGES: 13 and older and enrolled in school (inclusive of home school and college)
July 27-August 7, 2020, Monday- Friday, 2pm-6pm (TIMES ARE FLEXIBLE DUE TO FORMAT OF PROGRAM TO ACCOMMODATE FOR PARTICIPANTS’ SUMMER JOBS, ETC.)
PROGRAM LOCATION: Depot Theatre, and Whallonsburgh Grange Hall – under the Big Tent
ARTISTIC AND MUSICAL DIRECTOR: Adam Tilford
SCENE DIRECTION: Adam Tilford, Jackie Robertin