Written and Originally Directed and Choreographed by Stuart Ross
Musical Continuity Supervision and Arrangements by James Raitt
Originally Produced by Gene Wolsk
August 10-25, with a $20 Preview on August 9
A delightful musical revue set in the 50s era, FOREVER PLAID tells the tale of four childhood friends who after paying their dues performing at grocery story grand openings, weddings and anniversaries, have an opportunity to do a real gig.
Unfortunately, the dream is short lived when their car is fatally broadsided by a bus of Catholic schoolgirls on their way to see the Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show. But fear not, by some twist of fate, they are brought back to Earth to perform. FOREVER PLAID is that concert and we are their audience.
The popular musical includes a long list of 50s favorites in tight harmony, including: “Three Coins in the Fountain”; “Undecided”; “Gotta Be This or That”; “Moments to Remember”; “Crazy ‘Bout Ya, Baby”; “No, Not Much”; “Sixteen Tons”; “Chain Gang”; “Perfidia”; “Cry”; “Heart and Soul”; “Lady of Spain”; “Scotland the Brave”; “Shangri-La”; “Rags to Riches”; and “Love is a Many-Splendored Thing”.
- Friday, August 9, 2018 – 7:30 PM ($20 Preview)
- Saturday, August 10, 2018 – 7:30 PM (Opening)
- Sunday, August 11, 2018 – 3:00 PM & 7:30 PM
- Thursday, August 15, 2018 – 5:00 PM
- Friday, August 16, 2018 – 7:30 PM
- Saturday, August 17, 2018 – 3:00 PM (Depot Dialogue follows performance)
- Sunday, August 18, 2018 – 5:00 PM
- Thursday, August 22, 2018 – 5:00 PM
- Friday, August 23, 2018 – 7:30 PM
- Saturday, August 24, 2018 – 7:30 PM
- Sunday, August 25, 2018 – 5:00 PM
*All titles and dates subject to change. Purchase price of all subscriptions/tickets will include a $2 per ticket facility and education fee.
Audiences Need to Know:
DEPOT DIALOGUE: A discussion with the artists following a performance.
PARKING: Free parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis in the upper and lower lots of the Westport Train Station. Do not park in the U-Haul parking lot across the street as the owner will have vehicles towed.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: The Depot Theatre is air-conditioned and accessible to all audiences. Patrons who are sensitive to air-conditioning and Adirondack breezes may wish to bring a light jacket or sweater.